Skip to main content

Feel The Things

Just know this today...
Wherever you are, whatever is going on in your life right now, you are exactly where God wants you to be.
The circumstances of your life are constantly culminating with you in the center of it all, as God lays out your life, moment by moment.
And in those moments, we have a choices to make; who will you serve, and what is your outlook on this?...
The thought that The Plan for your life is God's Plan is all at once sobering, uplifting, humbling, wonderful, terrifying, and reassuring.
The hard things of life can shake us....we see how small and weak we are, and how much we are NOT in control. We see our sin. We see brokenness.
But, we do not need to be afraid.
Nothing that happens is an accident... there is a purpose behind it all.
Sometimes we need to let ourselves just be in the pain and discomfort...allow ourselves to really feel things.
Sometimes, I feel like I need a sign in every room of my house, (probably everywhere, actually), that says, "Kayla, Feel the Things!"
Why do we push away from uncomfortable feelings, or even avoid them at all costs?
Well, because they're uncomfortable, right?
But these feelings are just feelings, and when we can allow ourselves to acknowledge them, then they can have their moment and be put to rest.
It's kind of like when you have a conversation with someone and you vent about something, and you feel that release and suddenly what bothered you so much before has disappeared or at least "shrunk" and you experience freedom from that feeling.
Or like when I blog on here... Thoughts need a place to go. When they are trapped they become more than thoughts, and if you aren't careful, they become YOU.
Finding a way and a place to safely express and release your thoughts and emotions is very healing.
Prayer is at the top of my list, because God knows and understands and is in control of it all, and ultimately is the only One who can give true peace and healing.
But there is something special about having a face to face conversation with someone who listens and empathizes and understands that is very freeing and helpful.
And journaling or blogging is also a great way to get some of those thoughts that are just bouncing around, exhausting your brain while it searches for a place to put them. Just try putting them on paper and see how much you can be done with them...
But going back to where I started with all this.... Try to remember that the things that are weighing on you are there for a reason. Sometimes we need to do something to make things better, but sometimes all we need to do is be aware of the feelings for them to pass. It takes practice...I am only just learning it myself.
Alicia and I have talked about this stuff at alot of my NAET/NET appointments lately, and big things have been happening for me...
And try to remember and believe that God really does care for you and will give you everything you stand in need of.

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
(John 16:33)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver