Skip to main content

Progress and Empowerment

Yay! Great stuff happening lately. Since completing the Top 15 NAET treatments, I've had two combination treatments; hormones and heat, and seratonin and minerals.
I have already noticed an improvement in my skin and mood since doing the Hormone NAET treatment, and these last two have brought me to an even stronger place.
If you haven't been following my journey through NAET, I suggest you read previous posts where I explain it more in detail. I truly feel that God has used these treatments to really facilitate healing and help me get to know myself better, and also to let go of alot of emotional burdens I was carrying.
Since completing the last treatment I had (seratonin and minerals), I have been feeling  really excited and empowered. It just feels really good to be this far into theses treatments. I feel strong. I feel like my body is so much more whole....Like things are working properly.
I have bad days where I feel defeated and disfunctional and weary, but those days are less prominent and I think more predictable. As more things get "fixed" it gets easier to recognize "triggers" or patterns, and it gets easier to pull myself out of the moment and take a different perspective and examine things from more of an outside view, as opposed to getting sucked into that downward spiral of just feeling and reacting in a habitual way.
Alicia (NAET practioner) likes to say, "in those moments, ask yourself 'What else is possible?'"
And when I stop and do that, I am often reminded that God has promised to give me the strength to choose what is right and good and helpful, and I can be strong enough in Him. I am enough because of Him.
I'm nowhere near perfect. But I do see improvements; physically, mentally, emotionally. And I'm excited!
Another thing that I feel is contributing to my more positive perspective is some goals that I have been setting and working for myself.
In February I had a goal to drink 12 smoothies and do 14 workouts (20 minute minimum). And I met that goal!
So for March, I set similar goals, but upped it slightly, since March is a smidge longer than February. :) So far, so good! I generally do a 30-60 minute workout, mostly fast walking on the treadmill, with some light handweights and always finish with stretching. It makes me feel awesome, really mood boosting!, and also helps me feel in control of myself physically, which in turn helps me feels stronger mentally and emotionally. I was having a really difficult time emotionally regarding my weight about two weeks ago.... Just really feeling negative and out of control and like I was failing. But after talking it out with Brian and a friend and Alicia, and since doing the last NAET treatment, I've been feeling on top of it, and like I am in healthy, positive place again. Anyway, as I was saying, the working out especially really helps me feel like I'm in control and getting stronger which make it alot easier to turn off and tune out the negative self judgement.
We always have a choice of how to view our situation. Our current perspective is just one of many options. I'm not saying it's easy, 'cause it's not, but sometimes, we are just a choice away from a better, happier self.
Ask God to help you see things through new eyes; eyes of grace and compassion and faith.
When I was feeling down a couple weeks ago, Brian and I were talking about it and I told him I felt like my eyes did not give me an accurate view of my body....I was judging myself so harshly and negatively and even though I know in my head that I'm not "fat" I could not make myself believe I wasn't.
And then he said something super great: "You know, even if you were fat which you aren't, you could still be happy. No one said you can't be happy."
I just let that soak in.....The truth of that. "No one said you couldn't be happy"..... It was so obvious and yet so....shocking.
I was feeling awful because I was letting myself feel awful. And I could choose something else, something better.
God moves in mysterious ways, and husbands are one of them for sure. :)
Something to remember too is that Satan knows your weaknesses, and he will try anything to ruin your happiness and shake your confidence and distract you from what's truly important. Satan loves it when we trade the truth for a lie. Don't let him win.
Another of my goals for this month is to read through the book of Proverbs. (31 chapters=one per day) Proverbs is all about getting wisdom, valuing what is truly important, and walking in the right path, the path of light and truth. I am praying that God helps me to do those things; to apply the things I've been learning and to live in the light and Truth that He gives.
I'm so grateful to be on this journey of healing and maturing and self discovery and faith....Not every moment is enjoyable or effortless, but I have experienced grace upon grace and He has always brought me through, and I come out better and better! Glory be to God, for only He can work such wondrous things.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver