Skip to main content

WhatIEat#14

This morning's breakfast-Smoothie, peppermint tea, and cashew butter.
I've been experimenting a little with my smoothie lately. This one turned out good; smooth and creamy thanks to the avocado.
Smoothie ingredients: 1 orange carrot, 1 stalk celery, 1/2 green apple, big handful baby spinach, 1 cup frozen wild blueberries, juice of 1 small lime, 1 small avocado, knob of ginger, about 2 tsp of fruit anthocyanins, ice, water, and then a dash of cinnamon stirred in after. basically, I like the ginger and cinnamon because they distract me from the fruit taste :) and the avocado really helped with the texture. (I was thinking I should be adding Great Lakes unflavored gelatin to all my smoothies as well, but forgot with this one.)

This is Raw  Cow Milk. I was "muscle tested" and it should be ok for me to drink..... I grew up drinking raw milk on my parent's dairy farm. Loved it. But after all the health issues over the last few years, and drinking nut "milks", it feels weird and scary to drink this again...but I know that it's really healthy for you (definitely better than nut milks with additives) and I would prefer something natural and unprocessed. But it's gonna take some getting used to...mostly mentally. And not everyone can handle raw milk, so you have to be cautious. I think that you should make sure that you have healthy gut flora and don't have a milk allergy, and make sure that your milk comes from a safe, clean farm.
Anyway...I drank about a third of a glass with dinner last night!
Dinner last night; broiled asparagus with avo. oil and garlic salt, leftover baked potato with paprika and a little cheese, pork roast- shredded with BBQ sauce, and green beans with nutmeg.
Never give up trying to get your kids to try veggies. Every time we eat asparagus now, Sophie says "Oh, my favorite vegetable! Yay!"....'m not sure it is actually her favorite, but she eats it willingly, and she used to hate it...so just keep trying. And eat them yourself :)Kids always want what you have on your plate, right?

Lunch- my Harvest soup (squash, sweet potato, spinach, pecorino romano cheese, turkey, onion, and spices-curry, nutmeg, cinnamon.) I didn't have any bacon for it this time :( On the side is GF cornbread with Kerrygold butter and raw honey, and some leftover steamed purple potato, also with Kerrygold butter and some salt. MmMM!
Breakfast- sautéed zuchinni with ground beef (from our own grass fed beef cow!) and spinach, raspberry leaf tea. The oatmeal and fruit were for Sophie and Nathaniel. Sophie likes pecans on hers, and Nathaniel likes raisins.
Another smoothie. Didn't love this one..it was really peppery? It had quite a bite to it...either from excessive ginger or the watercress? I never used watercress before, but it's a "Super Food", so I tried it. Didn't love it in this, but I got it down.
Smoothie: Orange carrot, 1 bunch watercress, 1 stalk celery,1/2 green apple, large knob of ginger, 1 cup frozen wild blueberry, juice from a lemon and a lime, about 1 TBSP Great Lakes gelatin, ice, water.
Dinner- Homemade Pizza! My family is always excited when I make pizza. the small rectangles ones are made with Trader Joe's GF pizza crusts, and the large pizza was made with a special allergy friendly crust I got as part of a thank you gift for supporting my sister in law during my nephew's birth. (Which was so thoughtful, but so unnecessary, as attending the birth was a gift in itself! Thanks Jessica! :)) Anyway, it was delicious! I topped the crusts with a combo of marinara and BBQ sauce, garlic and onion powder, spinach, leftover pork chop -chopped up small, red onion, and cheese- Darigold White Cheddar. Yum yum. Oh, and a lovely little rainbow tray of veggies and fruit, because if it's pretty, everyone, (especially kids) will eat it better.
Dinner- Baked potato with Kerrygold butter, Darigold sourcream, Darigold White Cheddar, and green onions, salt and pepper. Pork roast baked with BBQ sauce. ( I like Guy Fieri and Stubbs, as they are pretty clean if you pick the right flavors). And boiled broccoli. We seem to go through phases with our broccoli...for awhile I was steaming it all the time, then my sister told me about broiling it, and I did that (so good!) and lately I've been boiling it. I know that boiling means you end up pouring off some of the nutrients, but it makes it so soft and my family eats it better...so whatever. I'll switch it up again soon.


Quick breakfast of leftover steak and green beans. Leftover meat + canned green beans are my fast food at home.
I don't eat chocolate very often, as I can't handle much caffeine. But sometimes I want it, so these TJ brand bars are great! They have different flavors and they are soy free. Delicious way to get some antioxidants :)
Breakfast- Smoothie, Raspberry leaf tea, and Paleo waffles. ( recipe in Every Last Crumb by Brittany Angell)
 I topped the waffles with my homemade syrup of melted coconut oil, and cashew butter (or almond), and raw honey...some good healthy fats, and safer sugar. So good. And because they are made with almond flour, they have some protein and don't spike your blood sugar like traditional wheat flour waffles with fake syrup.
There is also a chocolate waffle recipe in the book, and those two recipes alone are worth buying the book in my opinion. :) Guilt free waffles!! :D yes please. (in moderation, of course)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver