Skip to main content

New treatment--Reconnective Healing

 Going into last week's appointment with Alicia,(my NAET practitioner), I had a few issues that were bothering me, mainly emotional; I have been feeling conflicted about some decisions I need to make.
 At every appointment, Alicia checks to see what is the highest priority for me, treatment-wise, and then we go from there.
Last week, NAET, BARS, and a treatment that she offers, called Reconnective Healing, came up.
I decided to go with the Reconnective Healing.
 Alicia had given me a pamphlet about it awhile ago, so I knew a little about how it would work.
 You can Google it if you want to learn more...it's probably one of the more controversial or "out there" treatments I've done....ok, it definitely is, but that's ok. I was open to the experience, and it did do something for me.
 I don't know all the details of exactly how this treatment works, but I don't always feel like I need to know for something to work. I used to be a Googler of Everything, specifically symptoms and treatments, and I have found that sometimes you can be a lot more peaceful with a little less info and a little more trust in God and your health care team.
 I do approach every appointment with a lot of prayer; I just ask that God would lead and guide me and keep me from any untruths or misconceptions or anything that could hinder me, and that whatever I do would be helpful, and acknowledge that all healing is ultimately from Him.
 So, getting back to the treatment.
 Reconnective Healing works with energy and frequencies to restore balance in your body. It has been scientifically shown to restructure DNA. When receiving treatment, you are asked not to attach to any specific outcome, but to just be open to whatever you happen to feel during treatment. Reconnective Healing is a "non touch" treatment, which is probably the hardest part for some people to accept....
So for the treatment, I just laid on the massage table as usual, covered cozily in a blanket and relaxed.  During treatment, you are asked not to do any relaxation excercises or think about anything in particular, and to just be aware of any sensations or emotions that you feel.
 Besides the wonderfulness of being able to just lay there in comfortable, peaceful quiet, I found the treatment to be very relaxing. I did feel some physical sensations, mostly pressure around my head and eyes, and tingling sensations similar to what I often feel during acupuncture when I am deeply relaxed.
 I noticed as I was laying there that I felt very calm and peaceful and how, when I "went inside" so to speak, I did not feel the fear and conflict that I had been experiencing in regards to the decisions I mentioned at the beginning of this post...
 I had this little "Aha! moment" where I realized that maybe the reason I was feeling conflicted was because my brain/conscious mind was still in protection mode, and when I contemplated certain things, it was like a little emergency alarm went off and my brain said "No no no! don't do that! That will hurt you!"....but inside my subconscious was saying, "Be anxious for nothing, God is holding you. You made it this far, and by His grace, you will continue to thrive and progress."
 Just feeling that peacefulness inside of me, knowing that it really is there and that I know everything will be alright...it just really clarified some things for me.
 God really, really wants me to just let go and trust Him.
 Obviously, we need to make responsible decisions, but sometimes, Fear holds us back when nothing should be.

 Our bodies are so amazing, and our brain and nervous system are designed to work together to keep us safe; when we touch a hot pan, the alarm safety system of nerves tells us "Danger!" and then our brain stores away that information for the future. But sometimes, our brain gets in the way.        Sometimes our thoughts can activate that emergency alarm when it doesn't need to be turned on. Our brain is our control center, but it is not always right.
 That's part of the reason you can have conflicting feelings; your conscious and subconscious are not always sympatico and both things might feel right and you might even catch yourself saying, "Part of me thinks(or feels)...", and it's so confusing when you are in that position to know what is the right thing to do.
Prayer is a really good way to determine what you should do. Try to let God work things out and be in control, rather than forcing things to go the way you want them to. And just learning how to "go inside" and clear your mind and really listen to what you know to be true.
 For me, that means remembering God's promises and everything He has done for me so far. It means knowing that what He says in the Bible is true, and that He will sustain and guide me, especially when I humble myself before Him and ask Him to. It means knowing that I am sinful, and I need Him to save me.
 God can use anything for our good. When we are open to Him working in us, "yielded and still" as one hymn says, He can do great things in us.
 Some people might not agree with my choices, but that's ok with me. I know that He knows where my heart is, and that's what really matters. And I think that, when you are grounded in the Truth, and taking things in that context, you don't have to be so afraid of things you don't necessarily completely understand.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver