Skip to main content

Truly Glad

I feel like I've been posting about how hard and sad my life is alot, and while we have been going through some especially difficult times recently, it's not all there is to our family life, or my life personally, either.

Thanksgiving is coming up in the next few days, and I am going to be intentional about gratitude this week.

I am amazed every day by God's beautiful world and by how He upholds and sustains it and us, and by all the blessings we are surrounded with. It is truly humbling to think this is where He placed us...we could have been born anywhere, in any circumstances, but we really hold such a privileged place in this world, not only materially, but spiritually too; the fact that He has called us His children and given us His Holy Spirit to revive our cold hearts is an astounding and awesome gift.

I want to focus on praising Him for all His goodness and faithfulness this week. An upward, outward spiral of joy is glorifying to God and healing to our mind and body as well.

I really want to model gratitude for my children too. I make an effort to point out to them how extremely blessed we are and how God wants us to be generous and use the things He gives us to bless others.
Every year around Christmas time we go online and select a number of gifts on World Vision's website for their outreach programs. My kids love being able to see pictures of children around the world and think about giving them presents of animals and Bibles and soccer balls, or money towards food, or a clean water well or new mother and baby care.
We also try to have granola bars in the car to hand to local homeless people on the corners at stoplights, or put together bags with snacks, hand warmers, socks and Bible verses to give sometimes too. It's so good for kids to be involved in caring for others and I feel like it softens their hearts and helps them appreciate what they have a little more.

Raising grateful children is important to us and so we are being purposeful about changing our own attitudes and language to support a home that is filled with humbleness and joy.

Especially at this time of year, with birthdays and Christmas, where presents seem to pour in as fast as the rain, (winter in Washington!), it can be easy for an attitude of "what do I get next?" to take over.
I want to help all of us to think, "what can I give, or who can I help, next?"

I found when I was doing my NAET/NET treatments awhile ago, and I dealt with alot of suppressed emotional issues, that as I was able to release those emotions, it also became easier to let go of material things too. Less clutter frees up our homes and our minds and time. I want all of us to not be attached to things we dont really need be able to focus on what truly matters.

Tonight I feel grateful for my family and extended family, another birthday for Nathaniel, time away for a mini vacation, and Sundays.

Sometimes the stress of life gets overwhelming and I find myself stumbling over my weakness and inadequacy, and I get frustrated with myself. It's really hard when we have plans and I don't feel well...mostly because I feel like I will ruin things for everyone else. But God in His grace pulls me back from that downward thought spiral and reminds me that "His mercies are new every morning" and He has promised strength for the day. I have to take my eyes off myself and turn them to Jesus, trusting that He will be enough for me. And He always is. He has never let me go. And that is so deeply humbling and beautiful. I am so grateful to be loved so unconditionally and permanently.

So I am starting this week off meditating on the love of Jesus. I love the words of this hymn:
"Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus;
vast, unmeasured, boundless, free;
Rolling as a mighty ocean
 in its fullness over me."

1 Peter 1:6 says:
"So be truly glad; there is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure trials for a little while."

And I love this verse from Psalm 126:
"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are glad."

Yes, life gets overwhelming, but I know that I am forgiven, I am safe, and I am loved with an even more overwhelming love than anything this world can throw at me, because of my Saviour Jesus.
So I am going forward, truly glad.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver