Skip to main content

WhatIEat#7

  
Yes, that's an egg. Because eggs are back! My latest treatments, called NAET, are helping me to finally be free of my food allergies and egg is now OK. I am so happy about it!!
Also pictured are toast with honey, almond butter and cinnamon, and a butter lettuce salad with honey mustard dressing and some leftover grilled turkey patty. Have you ever tried Costco's frozen turkey patties? Good price for protein and super great for a quick meal.
OK. This dish is so good....not just for breakfast, but it is especially great for breakfast because you get a couple of servings of veggies in first thing in the morning and it tastes great and feels like you're eating a porridge, but ha! Its vegetables! #winning. Anyway, its cauli puree, mixed with some roasted butternut squash and sweet potato, and a little bit of Hempler's ham. Add a little nutmeg for seasoning, and some avocado oil or butter. And I often throw a spoonful of sauerkraut on top. (Add it after heating, to preserve all the good tummy bugs.)

More turkey patty with more butter lettuce and more honey mustard....why mess with a good thing, right? Also some grilled asparagus and sweet potato fries. Yum. Oh and some lemon ginger tulsi tea, because my tummy needs all the help it can get. And herbal tea, especially brewed strong, is a great way to "drink your medicine."
 More of my lovely veggie porridge concoction and tea...lots of tea. Did you know, ladies, in the second half of your cycle, and especially the last two or three days before your period starts, your liver is "detoxing your hormones" and the better it works at removing the estrogen, the less likely you are to have cramps and PMS and all that fun stuff? So do yourself a favor and guzzle some dandelion tea, or detox blend tea, or nettle tea and give your liver a boost. And avoid alcohol, because it is not your liver's friend.
Pan fried lamb chops (see that nice, brown sear?!) and a skillet risotto type dish of rice, butternut squash/sweet potato, spinach and a little curry powder. Delicious! And my kids love eating lamb chops, a.k.a. "steaks you eat with your hands." Lamp chops are another quick, easy protein options. Make sure to sear them so the strip of fat on the side gets all crispy and amazing...
Kinda repetitive this week... More risotto skillet rice/squash/sweet potato/spinach combo, this time with some chicken thrown in.
After I have a NAET treatment, I have to avoid the allergen being treated for 25 hours. To make it easier on myself, I batch cooked cauliflower puree, roasted a pan of butternut squash & sweet potato, and a dish of brown rice. I normally batch cook, since having leftovers is one of the best, easiest ways to eat healthy, since you always have something good ready to go.

Quick breakfast for myself of leftover roasted broccoli, beets, and some homemade turkey patties. I love ground turkey for making meatballs or patties or even just fried into crumbles to sprinkle on salads or green beans or other greens.
Family dinner of roasted broccoli, homemade turkey patties and white sweet potato with sauerkraut. The rest of my family had regular baked potatoes with "all the fixin's".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver