Skip to main content

Hope

My journey through these last few years has taught me some things...
Joy through pain.
Health through sickness.
Strength through weakness.

There have been many blessings, even in the darkness.
Times of calm and peace in the midst of storms.
Tears of sorrow and tears of joy, sometimes simultaneously.
I have been brought low only to be lifted up higher than I have ever been.
From the deep places of my heart there have been things brought to light I never knew were there.....things didn't know I was carrying. And I have felt the sweet relief of realizing them and letting them go.
I would not have understood the pain of others without experiencing my own, and I would not have felt so compelled to share the hope I have if I had not known how badly others need that hope.
 This is what the Bible is talking about in Romans 5, where it says:

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

 We pray for patience and wisdom and peace, and then we are so often disappointed when things actually seem to get harder instead of easier, but that is often how God works. He knows, as even we recognize, that the things that come easy to us don't usually last and are not as appreciated as things we learn and earn and experience ourselves. By the grace of God, we do not always get exactly what we ask for in the way that we think is best. He knows what is best. His judgment is not flawed, or selfish, or reckless. And He knows us better than we know ourselves. 
 If everything was always easy or good, there would be no need for hope. The trials of this life show us our need for something outside of ourselves, outside of our circumstances and emotions. We need hope, hope that things can improve, and the only real, lasting hope there is can be found in Jesus alone.
 Hope gives us something to live for. If we give in to the temptation to give up hope, we are left with nothing; only an "aching void the world can never fill."

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Cor. 12:9)

 I learned joy through pain when I began to appreciate all the good things in my life...things I took for granted before. Even when I wasn't well, so many of my body's functions and systems worked the way they were supposed to. I learned the joy of being brought closer to my husband, and being loved even when I felt worthless and ugly. I learned the joy of being held by my Saviour in the dark times, and began to feel gratitude for the work He was doing in me.
 I learned health through sickness when I had to change basically everything I was eating and using to more natural, whole food choices. My whole family has benefited from this change! I also learned how to be spiritually healthy; to read God's Word more and spend more time in prayer, and experienced a new reliance on God like I hadn't felt before.
 I learned strength through weakness when I felt as though I could not go on, but I did. By the grace of God, I did. Jesus carried me, my husband carried me, the prayers of family and friends carried me through a time of fear and confusion and sickness. Sometimes I felt strong with a strength I know was given to me by the working of the Holy Spirit. And sometimes, when I did not feel strong, I felt the strength of others pulling me through.

"This is where the healing begins, oh
This is where the healing starts
When you come to where you're broken within
The light meets the dark..." (Tenth Avenue North)

 I'm still learning. I still get frustrated when I have a difficult day with my children. I get discouraged when I start to feel my symptoms coming back. Still working on keeping my stress under control and learning to let things go and learning how to just be....
 But my track record of success does make it easier. I can now look back on hard times and see what I've come through, and it gives me hope.
 Hope that even though things are hard now, they will get better.
 Hope that I can make it through my current struggles.
 Hope that there is a purpose to all the trials in this life.
 And hope for a time when "..God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Revelation 4:4-5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver