Skip to main content

Prayer//Intention

Setting your intention for the day can be a very helpful practice to having a great day.
The mornings I start my day with prayer and a breathing practice, mediation or visualization are often noticeably better than the days I am woken up by my children bursting in, pulling me out of sleep to solve the first problem of the day. And even if that does happen, taking time afterward to focus and restart that positive mindset is very beneficial.

The Bible tells us to "renew our minds", and I think that is something that we really need to be intentional about.

For me, as a stay at home mama, with nearly the same tasks to do every day, it's so easy to slip into habits and attitudes and reactions without even realizing it; this tends to make the days feel more monotonous and frustrating  Meditation in the morning, either alone or guided, can be so refreshing and freeing. Sometimes we carry all our previous day's troubles into the next one, and that really doesn't help anyone.
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble." [Matthew6:34]
So let go of all the times things didn't go how you wanted them to go yesterday (all the yesterdays); take a deep breath and say or think something like this:

Today is new.
This day is full of joy and peace.
I am happy.
I am well.
I am calm.
I release any frustration.
I respond gracefully to any situation.
I do not hold stress inside; I feel it pass through me and disappear.
I let go of Before.
I am happy, healthy and calm in Jesus.

Imagine yourself going through your specific jobs today with ease and a smile.
Kids yelling at each other? Visualize yourself responding in a gentle, guiding manner.
Feel like your to-do list is longer than your day? Imagine yourself calmly completing each chore with joy and relaxing at the end of the day.
Whatever you have to do, just imagine yourself doing it the best possible way it can be done.
Philippians 4:8 tells us, "whatever is good, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, praiseworthy...meditate on these things."
When we set our minds on failure and anger and disappointment and fear, it is not glorifying to God or helpful for us.
"Set your mind on things above," visualize yourself being filled with a quiet and gentle spirit, and know that God is for you and He promised that when you commit your way to Him, He will bring it to pass.
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled."[Matt.5:6]

So, when I wake up, I pray; I dedicate myself and the new day to God. I ask for eyes fixed on things on things above and focused on what is right. "Keep my eyes from looking at worthless things." "Let the words of mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer." Let me "seek peace, and pursue it", let the "law of kindness be on my lips". Help me to remember Your faithfulness..."This I recall to mind, therefore I have hope."

After prayer, I do breathing.
 Depending on how much time I have, I might do just a few deep, relaxing breaths and feel a sense of peacefulness inside to carry through the day.
Or I might turn on a YouTube video for parasympathetic breathing. I usually combine something called alternate nostril breathing, or yoga nidra, with a timed breath technique I learned from heart rate variability practice (HRV). I will post details on that soon...
I really like to do yoga as well, again using YouTube videos (almost always Yoga with Adrienne), and I find it feel so much better after all that breathing and stretching and connecting with my body.

These are just a couple things you can do to renew your mind and have a good day.
Practice gratitude, it truly makes a huge difference.
Find a good devotional book or two; these can really turn your perspective around.
Journaling in the morning to set intention, or in the evening to review the day and purge your mind can be helpful.
Sometimes, it can feel overwhelming to start something new, so break it down a little; commit to choosing one thing a day for a week, like "today I choose joy", or " today I choose kindness", and focus on Bible passages with that theme, ask God to grow that specific virtue in you, and look for it in others and also try to spread it. Be intentional.

God desires for you to succeed in serving him better, so He will help you in your efforts to become a better person. He has placed His Spirit inside of everyone who believes on Him, and He will bless you with strength to do what is right and beautiful and good, and glorifying to Him.
"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart." [Galatians 6:9]









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver