Skip to main content

WhatIEat#25


Dinner- Grilled pork chops, mixed veggies, and roasted sweet potatoes.
Made my Harvest soup for dinner for the first time in months last night. Also mixed up some biscuits...I don't know why, but I have the hardest time following a recipe. So the biscuits were loosely based on several recipes, plus just some add ins that I felt like would be good. And they were so yummy! Yay! Lol my experimenting doesn't always quite go how I hope it will, so I'm always super happy when it turns out even better than I expected. they were fluffy on the inside and crunchy/crumbly on the outside. And they didn't taste like eggs or bean flour or have the butter bake out into a greasy mess or have a gritty texture...Yeah, gluten free biscuits are tricky, recipe or no recipe. Yay for Autumn weather and soup and biscuits and coziness!
Brian and I went out shopping for carpet and paint for our master bedroom which we've been planning to update for...months? Years? Basically we did the bare minimum ( slap on some paint over the wood paneled walls) the week before we got married and aside from hanging couple pictures and some new curtain rods, that's about all that been done to it...and we've been married 9.5 years. I have made a few small updates and it is very cozy, but it does need some attention.We did get a new bed this summer though <3 and we've been looking at new carpet (that will actually cover the whole floor, and not show the vintage linoleum underneath!) and paint colors and bedding for months...I have a hard time committing I guess.
Anyway...about the food. It is Thai food from a place in our mall food court and it is so so good. and a great deal. We got some to go and brought it home to eat before diving in to another project we had started: organizing all the craft and art stuff for the kids. And we watched our favorite TV while sorting paint and glitter and pompoms into some of the boxes we also got in town. Cheap, and productive, date. Ok...not really a date...quality time?
When I don't know what to make for dinner and I need to make it fast, breakfast food is usually a go to. Fried eggs, steamed & Roasted kale, sausages, and sweet potato fries.
Tuna noodle casserole.
Tuna, GF ramen noodles, broccoli, and a white sauce made from scratch.
Green enchiladas. I used to always make enchiladas with red sauce, which I still love, because- enchilada. But lately I've been making them with green sauce and I'm slightly obsessed with it. One of those "where has this been all my life" things. Also, I just skip the rolling and fold the tortilla over the filling like a taco and lay them overlapping each other. Waaay faster and no cracked tortillas.
Cauli puree with some minced, fried sweet potato thrown in.
Pancakes and eggs. I will try to put my pancake recipe on here soon. I've been doing more experimenting and I'm really happy with my most recent pancake concoctions.
Peanut Butter Balls. I've made these a couple times recently, and I don't really measure ingredients, but here's what's in them:

Peanut butter
Butter
Almond Flour
Coconut Flour
Oat flour
Honey or Maple Syrup
Coconut sugar
Vanilla
Chocolate Chips

They have the texture of cookie dough but no raw eggs and they are a decently healthy treat. And they freeze well.
Taco soup- I had some leftover beef roast that had been baked in a red enchilada sauce to which I added some chicken broth, tomato paste, garlic & onion pwd., frozen corn, and a can of kidney beans. Topped with red onion, crushed tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and avocado. I don't normally particularly care for taco soup, but this was really tasty and used up a lot of leftovers/odds and ends. Fast, easy and healthy.
Taco salad- so good! I had some leftover taco soup that I mixed with some sour cream and also had some leftover tater tots and threw those on some lettuce and topped with cheese and avocado.

Leftovers for breakfast- mixed veggies, spinach bacon and a pork chop, all warmed up in a cast iron skillet, which gave a nice like brown crust to some of it = Extra flavor :)
Making lunch- been loving these ham roll ups lately! Ham, avo. mayo, shredded cheese and red or green leaf lettuce. I like rolling it up in the ham better than the lettuce because it holds together better.
Breakfast- fried eggs with leftover  roasted sweet potato spears and spinach. yum
Family dinner- Hamburgers, fresh sweet corn and roasted asparagus with bacon
Breakfast- Fried eggs, avocado, spinach, fried sweet potato, and dandelion tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver