Skip to main content
I'm really feeling an urge to write right now, but I'm not exactly sure what about....
This blog has been a form of self therapy for me, so I think the slight decline in posts (or less frequent posts) could be a good sign...maybe there's a little less emotional/physical turmoil going on inside me, and therefore not as much to write out.
The last few weeks have been so busy and high stress. Sickness, vacation, things breaking... I felt like I was stay on top of it for awhile but then I hit a tipping point and started reacting physically to the stress. I woke up with a tight neck a few days before our vacation and it took two days and two chiropractor appointments and a lot of icing and massaging to loosen it up.
I have noticed that I do not react physically to stress the way that I used to. I can tolerate it a lot longer and don't hold as much inside as I did before. "Before" I guess meaning before NAET/NET treatments. I have learned to have a different perspective and let things go better and faster. But sometimes, when it feels like there's no break, no reprieve, my body gets overloaded and I have a flare up. I feel like I can actually feel when there is a high level of inflammation inside.
So, what to do when this happens?
 Pray. Sometimes I'm specific and sometimes the best prayer is just "give me what I stand in need of Lord." He knows.
 Breathe; deeply, slowly, in through the nose, out through the mouth.
 Remember: This too shall pass.
 Ask, "What else is possible?" and "What would be helpful for me right now?"
 Cry if needed. I think that crying is usually viewed negatively, unless say, you're at a funeral or something. "Grownups don't cry. Babies cry." Right? But really, crying is just an expression of a range of emotions. It's a wonderful way to release those feelings you're feeling, whether it's in the moment or you've been bottling them up for awhile. Crying is ok. Crying is good actually, if that's what you need to do. I think we would all be a lot happier if we were a little more free in letting the tears fall when they wanted to. I cry a lot more than I used to. Not necessarily quantity wise, but more often. I cry at weddings, I cry when I see babies, I cry after (or even during) doctor/acupuncture/NAET/chiropractor appointments. I cry when friends offer to help me, or when I read a quote that really resonates with me. I cry in the car. I cry in the shower. (not for no reason)
I cry when I look at this amazing world God made. I cry when I remember everything I've been through, mostly because I can see God's hand in it. So cry if you feel like it.
 I like to take a look at my diet and try to incorporate anti-inflammatory foods and supplements. Wild blueberry, turmeric, bone broth, greens, fish and herbal teas are good. Focus on whole foods.
 Working out the right way is helpful too. Yoga is nice and calming, but you can also do a more vigorous exercise routine as long as you don't overexert yourself. I find doing five minute bursts of moderate/high cardio throughout the day to be very mood and energy boosting.
 Things like acupuncture or chiropractor or massage can be very good for reducing inflammation and stress. Sometimes it's not always possible to go right away, but remember to make yourself a priority too. You only get one body and everyone benefits when you feel your best. Do what you need to do,
 Another way to reduce inflammation is spending time in nature. Its scientifically proven to "rewire  your brain" and lower your stress level. And its free!
 Snuggling/hugging/kissing; all these things boost your oxytocin which lowers stress. Non-scientifically, they just feel good and make you feel loved and happy. :)
  Doing something for someone else can also reduce stress, thus lowering inflammatory response. It might seem a little odd if you're feeling burnt out already, but giving voluntarily can help take your focus off yourself and reward you with the knowledge of bringing joy to others. I find that depression really wants to sneak up on me when I'm dealing with higher inflammation, but if you can see that you are bringing joy to others, it makes you feel useful, valuable, and happy.
 It's so hard when things get to that out of control, going under, downward spiral place. But you can make it through. You can ride it out. It takes some self awareness and practice, and a whole lot of grace, but you can do it.
"...Of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace." (John 1:16)
"Grace for grace"; grace upon grace, grace to grace. In Him, we are enough. You are strong enough. There is no lapse in this grace, no limit to it, and no cost but acceptance.
 I don't always feel strong enough. I feel my weaknesses in a more specific way now....now that we've calmed down a lot of the extended symptoms, I can pinpoint weak spots. But Christ says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)
 So take a deep breathe and pray.
 Things aren't always easy or rosy, but He has promised strength for the day.
*It is well with my soul*


Comments

  1. Love this Kayla. I can defiantly relate.
    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver