Skip to main content

WhatIEat#18

My sister and I are doing a Whole30 type diet this week. My breakfast today was sweet potatoes, pork chop, and egg with avocado. The pancakes were for Sophie and Nathaniel...And now my house has that amazing fried pancake smell and it's kind of toturing me. 😆

Roast beef dinner. Sirloin tip roast, the last one from our homegrown, grass fed cow. Roasted carrots that got so caramelized they tasted faintly of molasses. Instant mashed potatoes, because I can't do everything.😉 Sautèed mushrooms, cooked in butter, garlic and onion powders and dried parsley. And green beans, which is warmed in the skillet after the mushrooms​ were done.

Brian took the kids fishing last Saturday, and they brought home a bunch of trout. I coated the fish in some seasoned flour and fried them in butter. They were good, but all the tiny bones make it alot of work, especially when you have to pick them out for your kids as well as yourself. Served the trout with baked potatoes and broccoli.

Dinner- Ham, broiled asparagus, baked eggs with Kerrygold cheese, green beans, and white sweet potatoes, sliced and seasoned with avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley and dill, and a little butter at the end of baking. So yum.

Easter morning breakfast 🐣
Boiled eggs, sausages, toast with peanut butter and honey, and strawberries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fish Cakes Recipe -(Paleo)-

I am trying to incorporate more fish into my diet, and these delicious fish cakes are a new family favorite! They can be made with tuna or salmon, salmon having slightly more to offer nutritionally; high Omega 3 fats, vitamin D, and selenium. (and more!) Fish is so good for your brain and heart, and can improve your mood, weight, and overall health. Interestingly, the selenium in fish helps keep our bodies from absorbing the mercury found in fish! God's good design :) This article  explains that in more detail, if you're a "nerd" like me and love learning about food. Anyway, on to the recipe! Ingredients- 3 cans salmon, tuna or sardines 3 TBS mayonnaise 3 TBS coconut flour 3 eggs 3 tsp mustard 1/4 tsp salt pepper 1/4 cup chopped green onions (1) Open canned fish and empty into med/large bowl. The fish I use has no added water, so I pour all the juices in too, no draining! Try to keep the fish somewhat off to side. Add the coconut flour to the j...

Energy Work//Christian Perspective

Psalm 66:16-20: "Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear. But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me!" I've had several conversations lately about some of the treatments I've received, mostly regarding the NAET treatments, so this has been on my mind... I just have a few things I want to clarify.  First and foremost, I want to make it very clear that I believe ALL healing is by God and for His glory. He alone gives life and breath and power. The Bible tells us this and I believe it is a foundational truth. Another foundational truth is that there is only one way for us to be right with God and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ; through His sacrifice and death on the cross and His Resurrectio...

WhatIEat#20

Mashed sweet potatoes with bacon and Costco beef hot dogs and sauerkraut; my version of a traditional Dutch casserole called Zuurkool.  We've been really upping our intake of probiotic foods here to boost immune systems and counteract the damage of the antibiotics Brian and I are taking for pertussis, and this is my favorite way to eat sauerkraut. Boiled eggs, GF toast, leftover roasted potatoes, and a glass of kombucha (probiotics!) and lemon water. I wish I had all this ready to eat right now...sounds so good. Roasted baby potatoes, broccoli, green beans, and mini meatloaf. I used a pound each of our homegrown grass fed beef, ground turkey, and ground pork for the meatloaf. I love how pork gives a lot of flavor and keeps things moist, since beef and turkey can be too dry by themselves. Meatballs made from the same meat mixture as the meatloaf, green beans, sweet potato/carrot puree with sauerkraut and bacon. Oh man, bacon on sweet potatoes....that's the kind of fla...