Skip to main content

WhatIEat#31 (low lectin)

Cauli puree, half a baked sweet potato, lettuce, avocado mayo and turkey roll up.
Baked sweet potato with coconut oil, cinnamon, & nutmeg. sautéed steak strips with kale and carrots.
Carrot juice (which I don't think is actually low lectin).

Baked sweet potato, half, with butter. Cauli puree topped with ground turkey. Asparagus with roasted garlic.
"French Toast Mug Cake" is what I call this...sometimes I want a treat that's not chocolate. This was a cake flavored with vanilla extract, cinnamon and stevia and a tiny bit of coconut sugar (Sugar is not low lectin, but it was only a little)
Scrambled egg bowl with spinach and avocado, and some paleo naan (like a tortilla) with Kerrygold cheese. I thought at first when I was starting this diet, and before reading the Plant Paradox diet book, that the Kerrygold brand products were ok, but I found out they aren't actually, due to coming from cows with a gene mutation that causes them to produce milk that's harder to digest. On the Plant Paradox diet, you are allowed dairy only from A2 cows; cows from France and Italy fall into this category, as do 90% of the Guernsey breed, so you have to find milk, yogurt and cheese that come from these cows. You can also have goat, sheep and buffalo dairy.
Goat is the easiest to find and tastes good. I just found some goat gouda at Trader Joes yesterday, and Brian tried it and said, "Wow, that's really good!"
Our Easter lunch. Ham, carrots, onions, broccoli, sweet potatoes and asparagus.
Since we had visited with both sides of the family the previous two days, we decided to have a quiet afternoon at home. I made sure we didn't miss out on a delicious meal though.

Chocolate mug cake with a little chocolate coconut ice cream. I'm getting pretty good at making a tasty and moist-but-still-cooked mug cake. It takes practice to get a feel for the right ratios of wet ingredients to dry and how much to use of what, since low carb gluten free baking is "a whole other ball game". Things like coconut flour and liquid stevia and tapioca starch can be very tricky to work with. But when you only have those things to work with, you're motivated to find a way to make something yummy in spite of the restrictions.
'Cause we all need cake sometimes, right?
These were SO GOOD. I've been using a Paleo Naan Recipe (Naan is traditional Indian flatbread) to make these wonderful wrap/tortilla/pizza crusts. Seriously, this recipe has made this diet way more bearable...I don't eat them everyday, but knowing that there is something I can use so I can enjoy tacos or pizza with my family makes such a difference. I mean, I do my best to have a good attitude and stay positive, and I really am mostly fine with this diet, but sometimes, It's a downer to always have to eat different from "everyone". It can be very isolating and its a lot of work, and some days I just don't want to do it anymore. But having recipes like this on hand means I can work with what I make for my family and still stay compliant, diet-wise. Win.
To make these, I took some leftover naan, broiled it for a minute or two to crisp slightly, and then topped with diced turkey, red onion, cilantro and cheese. Dusted with garlic and onion powder and then put back in the oven to melt the cheese. Serve with avocado and lettuce. YUM.
Crispy fried chicken thigh, cauli puree, and leftover roasted sweets sautéed with kale. Really, when I eat meals like this, they are so satisfying and I do not feel one bit sad about being on a special diet. I love that my whole family can enjoy this with me with no extra preparation and that it's healthy and good for all of us.
Breakfast scramble, eggs and spinach and ground turkey, avocado on the side, and carrot juice.
Chicken veggie soup, and canned wild salmon mixed with avocado mayo, and some Simple Mills crackers. (crackers not compliant with Plant Paradox diet)


Scrambled eggs, guacamole (avocado, red onion and cilantro) and thinly sliced white sweet potato that was lightly coated with avo. oil and then broiled; it almost makes chips this way, and they are super yummy.
Quiet time in the evening with some tea and French Toast mug cake.
Turkey veggie soup all around! My kids often eat this soup for breakfast with me.
Roasted broccoli, and a side of tuna mixed with avo. mayo and chopped red onion and some Simple Mills  sprouted seed crackers.
On the days that I do intermittent fasting (usually 16-18 hours) I sometimes drink bone broth. It helps to have something in your tummy when taking a handful of supplements and is good for healing your gut.
Scrambled eggs with spinach and paleo, low carb, chocolate mug cake. Because when it doesn't have sugar and won't make your blood sugar go crazy, and is made with healthy, nourishing ingredients, cake can be a perfectly acceptable breakfast food. :)
More of those delightful little naan pizzas. Same toppings as mentioned earlier. I love the flavor of this dish.


Pork roast, soft and tender, seasoned with garlic and onion powder, along with sweet potato puree (amazing! My family loves that stuff) and steamed broccoli sprinkled with grated Peccorino Romano cheese (Sheep cheese that's very similiar to real Parmesan cheese. It's salty and nutty tasting.)
Brian was out with a friend for the evening, so I decided to experiment a little in the kitchen. I was really wanting cookies instead of mug cake. These cookies turned out very fluffy and a bit too salty...too much baking powder maybe? But they were edible, along with some tea. I will keep working on the cookie thing....
Snack time. Roasted broccoli, macadamia nuts (where have you been all my life?!), and tea.
Took my breakfast salad (Green leaf lettuce, diced turkey, avocado, cilantro, red onion, avo. mayo.) to the park and ate it while my kids ran around. So nice to be having some sunshine again! But it was still freezing if the sun went behind a cloud. I cannot wait for summertime picnics and warm evenings.
Dinner- sweet potato puree, roasted asparagus, and steamed broccoli with pecorino romano cheese. No meat. The Plant Paradox diet does tell you to watch your meat intake, and sometimes, I don't feel like eating it. if you have a plateful of veggies, and some good fat on them, you can feel full and satisfied with out the extra protein.
Scramble eggs with avocado and sprouts. Sprouts are super good for you; their nutrient content is higher than that of the same plant fully grown. But they are expensive so I don't get them very often. Thought about growing my own, but I don't have time right now to tend to them a couple times a day, plus I have very limited counter space.
Broccoli sprouts especially are extremely beneficial, as they contain a high amount of sulphoraphane , which is a very potent anti-cancer compound.
Fried pork chop, cauli puree, sweet potao puree and steamed carrots.
Using the paleo naan again to make tacos with pork roast , guac, and lettuce.

Breakfast of salad with avo. oil and garlic salt, and lamb meatballs sauteed with onion, grated carrot, spinach and celery. I LOVE lamb meatballs.
Breakfast for dinner: Roasted asparagus, eggs and pancakes.
The eggs were made in the oven to save time and stovetop space. I whisked a bunch of eggs with some goat milk and a little coconut flour and poured them into a glass pan sprayed with avo. oil. I put them in with the asparagus, so the oven was on broil, and I turned to low broil for part of the time. The eggs came out so creamy and good; they almost tasted cheesy. Topped them with some sliced avocado.
I made my family oat flour pancakes, and used Birch Benders paleo pancake mix for mine. (Birch Benders mix is Plant Paradox compliant)
Roasted chicken and sweet potatoes. I used to be scared to roast chickens... But then I realized that they were super easy and now I love them! I love making a turkey but hate the week of defrosting in my fridge that that requires, and also don't enjoy picking through 20 pounds of meat at the end of the day. Chickens are tasty and easy and fast, and you still end up with bones to make broth.
Ate the roasted chicken and sweets with cauli puree, roasted broccoli and Brussel sprouts. I you think you don't like Brussel sprouts, trying them roasted. Totally delicious.
Taco salad, compliant to low lectin diet.
Lettuce, ground turkey seasoned with garlic, onion, cumin and paprika, grated sheep cheese, avocado, and a little avocado mayo. The mayo sounds weird, I know, but regular sour cream isn't allowed for me, and once it's all tossed together, it just adds a little creaminess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver