Skip to main content

I Don't Know

**This post  was written almost two weeks ago, but I forgot to come back and put it in the blog. So here it is now.

I don't have a specific topic to write about at the moment, but I feel like writing, so we'll see where this goes.
I know I haven't been posting much lately. Part of that is because I don't have as much stuff to work through as I did when I started this. Part of it is because I'm busy. And part of it is because I don't always know what to say.
It's hard to share sometimes when things can be so up and down.
The last two days I've been feeling really good, for which I am so thankful.
Ever since my last flare-up, there have been a lot of symptoms that presented themselves again and it's very difficult sometimes to keep the anxiety and despair under control. It's also really hard not to start thinking "I am crazy. There's just no other explanation." But things come and go and it seems that to some extent, things just have to "run their course". The body is a fine-tuned machine, (mine feels VERY fine-tuned), and when one system is upset it knocks everything off balance and you have a big mess to sort out. Or wait out. And the best we can do is try to holistically support the healing process.
The hardest symptom to deal with the last couple weeks was this brain fog/ head tension that made me feel stressed, anxious and just "off". Like I can't really think clearly or react rationally and just can't find a way to make it stop. And when you have two young children to care for and normal household chores to get done, that's usually a hard enough job; to do it all while feeling like your brain is not working and you're extra sensitive emotionally can sometimes, well, be a disaster, to be honest. Thankfully my husband is amazing about doing dishes or doing schoolwork with the kids or just listening if I need to talk
Of course, sometimes his understanding and willingness to help makes me feel guilty, which makes me feel even worse about myself... Amazing how tricky Satan can be. He wants to twist and turn every good thing into something awful and ugly. Don't fall for it.
Anyway, two days ago, I woke up and my brain fog was gone and I don't have the tension in my head like I did and it just feels so good and clear. Nothing like feeling bad to make you appreciate feeling good. :)
Why did I suddenly feel better again? I don't know. Maybe it's because I stopped taking all my supplements just because I felt like I should right now. Maybe it's because our family went away for a mini vacation last weekend. or maybe it's because something switched inside or something went back to normal. All I know is I don't know. And that's ok.
It's really easy for some people to get stuck in their own heads and overthink things and try to figure everything out,(me) but it seems that the more I learn, the less I know.
 I have learned, and am still learning, that sometimes  it's ok and even good to not have immediate answers. Learning how to just sit with things and let them be and trust that God has it all under control is a very good exercise for us.
"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace..." (1Corinthians 14:33)

Not having answers to our questions is frustrating, but we should  be encouraged that The One who loves us more than life is continually caring for us and we are safe in Him.

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,  nor are your ways My ways, says the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8)

Lately I've been letting myself, or making myself, say "I don't know" more. Sometimes it's hard to admit. It seems to get easier though. And it's very relieving to me. We try to pretend we've got it all figured out and under control, but we don't.  And being honest with ourselves about that might be the hardest part...feels scary. And I'm a Mama, I'm supposed  to have all the answers and fix everything, all day long, right? But I'm not capable of that. God is though. So we can trust him with our burdens and fears and unknowns and just rest in Him. Rest. Not in insecurity and fear, but in peace and safety.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in You."(Isaiah 26:3)

"And it will be said in that day: Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him; we will be glad  and rejoice."(Isaiah 25:9)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Going Well // DNRS review

{This is going W E L L}  Brian gave me this mug for Christmas, and it's my favorite.❤  All the work I've been doing to retrain my brain and heal my body has been going very well, and I am so excited and optimistic about the future!  I mentioned previously that I would be starting the Dynamic Neural Retraining System, (DNRS), which works with neuroplasticity based techniques to heal an impaired limbic system, which is essentially a brain injury that results from trauma and causes your brain to process and store information as if you are in a constant state of "fight or flight", or emergency response.  Trauma is relative to every individual, and there are different types of trauma; obvious things like death, war, victim of a crime, major accidents, and those sort of things are Traumas with a capital 'T'. Things like illness, chronic stress, unstable family life, negative relationships, and many others, are  traumas with a little 't'; on

Transformation // Hair Analysis #2

I haven't posted in over a year.  I have six drafts that I started writing and never posted because I just couldn't decide what to say, with all the current world events and how I was feeling emotionally and mentally, (kind of all over the place), so....it has been quite awhile since I updated on where I'm at in my health journey. When I last posted here, I talked about DNRS and what a difference it was making for me. I am very happy to say that, even with the world being turned upside down, I was still able to keep that new level of health I had reached, and I am now doing better than ever. That's not to say there haven't been a lot of ups and downs, and some really low lows, but I really believe that I healed my root cause issues. 2 years ago, I was working on treating anxiety, SIBO, low stomach acid, HPA axis dysfunction a.k.a. adrenal fatigue (the most severe my doctor had seen on paper), other hormonal issues, and more, all at the same time; it was challenging

Updated Supplement Protocol

This is my current protocol of supplements we are using to support my body in healing my gut, hormones, and overall health. I am posting this partly to document my progress, and also to share what is working for me,  and to maybe give people ideas to ask their doctor about. Do not just start taking any supplement without working with a trained practitioner. There are too many personal and varying factors to navigate the world of supplements and vitamins alone. Do yourself a favor and get professional, knowledgeable help to give you the best chance at complete recovery and fastest results. I saw my Naturopath last week, and we went over my symptoms and adjusted my supplements and added in a couple new things. This protein shake is one of the new additions to my treatment plan. OptiCleanse GHI is a protein powder supplement that we are using to support healing my gut, specifically leaky gut, and also support liver detox. It tastes quite good actually, which I was ver